Welcome Marissa Nicole of Marissa Nicole Reads! I was really excited to interview her and hear all about her Book Blogging Basics 🙂 Â Enjoy!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a YA book blogger. My favorite book genres include fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, and romance! Besides writing and reading, I enjoy binge watching TV shows, performing on stage, andtraveling.
2. How long have you beenÂ blogging and how did you first get involved?
I started blogging approximately four months ago. Prior to book blogging, I was a booktuber. I stopped booktubing a while ago due to the start of high school but I still wanted to connect with my book friends. With that in mind, I started my book blog! I remember getting the idea of a book blog from reading posts of a travel based Instagram blog and thinking about how cool it must be to write about your interests and life. With this in mind, I created both a book and personal blog.
3. Tell me about some of the people youÂ’ve met while blogging?
I have met an abundance of people throughout the start of my blog. I met a majority of them through Bookcon and this blog tour. Social media has been another major aspect of me meeting the people in the bookish community. I connect with a wide range of bookish people, authors, and other people in the writing industry through social media. Everyone I have met has been extremely friendly and supportive! I love all of them!
4. What is your very favorite book or series and why?
That is a hard question. I can’t say I have a favorite book since my taste in certain genres vary throughout the years and I constantly read more books I enjoy. If I had to choose my favorite YA novel it would be If I Stay by Gayle Forman, mostly because it was the book that got me into YA.
5. What do you do when you arenÂ’t blogging?
When I am not blogging I am usually at school or playing a sport. I am constantly keeping myself busy throughout the year. I play field hockey in the fall, swim in the winter, play softball in the spring, and participate in theater throughout the winter and summer. I also take many mini vacations throughout the year. Lastly, I read (of course)!
6. Are you a book collector too? What books are of your collection?
Yes, I started collecting different versions of classics a couple months ago. I love seeing the different covers you can find for certain novels!
7. Is there a popular book or series that you either havenÂ’t read or didnÂ’t like?
This is horrible but I did not like the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass.
8. Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Yes, I am currently really enjoying Nicola Yoon and her recently published first book! She is
definitely a writer with great potential!
9. What are your thoughts on book trailers?
I don’t have any opinion on them. I don’t watch them since I feel like they ruin how I picture the characters appearance and I don’t feel like they showcase the books that well sometimes.
10. Where can we all follow you? Blog, facebook, goodreads, twitter, bloglovinÂ’, other?